Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's Done!

Ellie and I started knitting together last June. It was a Personal Progress Value Project for her and something I had wanted to learn. In the last 7 months, I have made about a dozen scarves and about 30 dishcloths. I was ready for something new. I decided to make a hat...called the "2 Hour Hat." Two weeks later it is finally done! My friend, Misty and I started our hats together during a knitting class. Hers was a more complicated pattern and really only took her two hours. We had a great time together and I'm so happy that she was my cheerleader (after I switched yarns twice and restarted about three times, she just kept telling me it looked great...she didn't even seem too embarrassed to be sitting by me!)

3 comments:

Julie Hunt said...

WOW! It is so cute! CONGRATS!

Carin Davis said...

Yea!!!!! It is adorable!!!!

Misty said...

You crack me up! I was just as unsure of what I was doing and then there's that little thing where I kept talking to you while you are trying to count stitches...oops! The hat is darling and of course Madelyn makes it even cuter! As for me, I did things backwards...started out with hard projects (hard for me). The knitting lady tells me I knit backwards so back to basics for me :) I need to learn how to do your dishcloths. They are awesome and I can practice those and learn the "right" way. It was a lot of fun. Hope we can do it again soon!