Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Creature Was Stirring


Mitchell's dream of taking guitar lessons came true in September. It's something he has wanted to do for so long and something he is loving. In addition to his weekly lesson repertoire, his teaches gives him a new Christmas song each week. He has quite a collection now that he plays very well.
In the middle of the night last night, I could hear singing coming from down the hall. I stayed in bed and listed to Mitchell go through all of his Christmas songs and then back to bed. I could tell he was trying very hard to be quiet (which is hard for a ten year old boy and his guitar), so I didn't want him to know I was awake or listening.
He is so excited for Christmas and I guess decided to bring himself some Christmas cheer when he couldn't sleep.
I love the enthusiasm he has for everything, especially the holidays.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How neat to have musical children!
I love the sound of music in the home.
I can't believe how our kids are all grown up!
We will have to do another day in the snow comes January.

Julie Hunt said...

That is a really sweet story!