Saturday, May 2, 2009

The New Bike


Maybe it's because we live between so many hills...or maybe it's my lack of excitement for running behind a bike for miles and miles (again)...or maybe Madelyn has just grown up too fast. In any case, Madelyn is WAY past the point when our other two learned to ride a bike without training wheels. We decided it was time. Lon took on the task.


First, learning to balance. We should have found a yoga instructor for this one..."find your center, feel your core, etc."


Lon: "Here, let me show you how to do it"


Madelyn: "When is dad giving me my bike back?"





Maybe if some warm weather finds stability in our little corner of the world, we'll have some success.

5 comments:

Carin Davis said...

What a cute bike!!!!!!!! We did that very thing this week with Ellie!!!! We should practice together! It is ranking up there with potty training for me on the "things I like to do as a parent scale!"

p.s. My girls were SO HAPPY tonight! Your Ellie is so wonderful for them...and my Ellie was so happy to have been able to play with Madelyn! THANK YOU!!!!!

Julie Hunt said...

Love the new bike! We just took off Whitney's training wheels a few weeks ago. We still need to practice with her some more.

Heather said...

Those are priceless pictures! Our kids didn't learn how to ride a bike until we moved in with my parents in flat west Layton while we were finishing our house! They got right on and just rode! Funny. It's like potty training. Just wait until they're old enough and it just happens! Lon on the little pink bike is my fav.

Misty said...

Yep...Lon on the pink bike is a keeper. I love Madelyn waiting patiently in the tree as well.

Anjuli said...

HOW FUN!!